Starting the journey into IT

GingerTechyGingerTechy Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I want to start getting certifications in the IT field. I want to do something in Database or maybe cloud computing services. Currently I have 3 semesters in a community college but dropped out due to life events. I honestly don't want to go back because I learned next to nothing. I feel earning Certs would be my best bet so here a list of ideas I have. Is Microsoft or Linux best? I would enjoy the communities opinions on my ideas, ways to study for the Certs, and their experience.

1. MTA database fundamentals.
2. A+
3. Net+
4. MCSA SQL sever 2012
5. Security+
6. Server+
7. Cloud+
8. MSCE database platform
9. MSCM database platform

Comments

• chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    This would require a little information on your background and if you have had any experience with working in IT.

A+ , Net+ , Server+ and Security + are your foundation level certs . This also includes the MTA Database Fundamentals.

As far as Database goes you have choices between Oracle , Microsoft SQL and Now the NO SQL.

Hope this makes sense !

Cheers
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• GingerTechyGingerTechy Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah sorry I should have gone more into my personal history. I have taken Net+, A+, and Security+ classes. I have build over 60 computers since I was 7 not that its hard just saying I have basic knowledge. My uncle is a senior systems engineer for Palo Alto Networks and he has taught me a bit. I have taken a few Cisco classes in my last semester but didn't do so hot. My aunt taught CCNA for years and taught me a bit aswell they live far away so I haven't had as much time to learn as i'd like. I currently work for a Gas station called Sheetz and it is not cutting it.