Options

Do you guys use a portfolio?

pixa241pixa241 Member Posts: 207
So I know having a portfolio or resume folder will make you look more professional at an interview and want to get one, but not sure what to use. What do you guys use or have and do you guys have links to where to buy them. Thank you.
WGU Complete: September 2014

Comments

• Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I got a sweet padfolio (i think that is what it is called) from a local school, I take it everywhere I want to look professional

for interviews I also have a binder of documentation I've written, removing private info of course
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I got a nice padfolio from a Cisco rep a while ago - looks good for interviews :) But yeah, it's much more professional than walking into an interview with a spiral notebook and standard file folder.

(my girlfriend won't let me rock the printed circuit board clip-board anymore lol)
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Had an interview earlier this week and used a padfolio to take notes, ironically with my current employers logo embossed on the front. Don't know if they caught that, lol
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I use a black Samsonite laptop bag that has all the different drafts of my resumes, my DD214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty), all my Enlisted Performance Reports from the Air Force, copies of my certs, and note taking material (legal note pad always looks legitimate, IMO).

I hate something coming up and not having what is required on hand.

Might be overkill but like it has been said, definitely looks better than just showing up with some paper or a spiral.

At the very least, carrying a professional looking bag and dressing sharp while walking into an interview can help with confidence.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I use a portfolio and I can say it helped me get my last two jobs. My portfolio has some awards that showcase my drive for outstanding customer service as well as proving some of the skills listed on my resume. It's all about selling yourself to the employer.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You can pick one up from Walmart, Amazon...they are all over and range in price and size. Leather ones are generally what you will see.
  • Options
    shart1971shart1971 Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got my portfolio at OfficeMax for $16.00. It's black with a calculator. It's cool!
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I sport a portfolio 99% of the time, I once tried to get different and brought my iPad in to take notes. I don't think it went over that well.