Options

Ccp & asdm

jude56gjude56g Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have been studying this material for a while now; I'm finished with the books and I'm getting ready to move on to the lab portion of my studies.
I'm curious which functions of CCP & ASDM would be the best to focus on. I have used both, and I'm pretty sure a lot of their functions are beyond the scope of the CCNA-S track, and I would like to focus in on some specific functions.
Can anyone offer up any suggestion as to what I should be prepared to do via CCP & ASDM without breaking the NDA?

Thanks!!

EDIT: I did read the exam topics provided by Cisco, and they state: Implement SSL VPN using ASDM, Imlement ZBF using CCP, & Configure IOS IPS using CCP. I will obviously have these down cold, but if anyone can suggest other aspects to be proficient in, that would be very helpful. Thanks again!

Comments

• Options
    gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Study the CCP and feel comfortable navigating through the WebUI. If I were studying for the NA:Security I would definitely create a lab scenario where I can create a check list and identify the policies that are being used/security rules etc... via GUI
  • Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    NA Security = CCP

NP Security = ASDM
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?