Passed ICND2 today

dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed with a 958
Didnt do too well in the WAN and i dunno why, wish i could get the questions i missed to look on

Configure, verify and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs and interswitch communications 100%

Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network requirements in a medium-size Enterprise 100%

Configure and troubleshoot basic operations and routing on Cisco devices 93%

Implement, verify, and troubleshoot NAT and ACLs in a medium size Enterprise branch office Network 100%

Implement and verify WAN links 67%

Did better on my NAT and ACL than i thought i would

What next ?
Thinking about the JNCIA-Junos then CCDA

Comments

• WilyOneWilyOne Member Posts: 131
    Very nice, 'gratz!
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice! Same score I got last month. Best of luck with your next cert.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • NicWhiteNicWhite Member Posts: 134
    Congrats!!!!
    WGU - BS Software Development
    Start Date: 2/1/2016
    Transferred 40 / Complete 23 / Remaining 60
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats! How much experience do you have and what is the direction you are looking to go into? I'm asking because the design stuff is usually saved for when you have some experience under your belt.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and goodluck on your next goal!
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! How much experience do you have and what is the direction you are looking to go into? I'm asking because the design stuff is usually saved for when you have some experience under your belt.

I was actually for some advise on this, dont have much experience, do you suggest i go the Junos way, was interested in juniper to have info on both certs to diversify my options on my resume.

Hoping to get a job soon to get the experience under my belt, then go towards my ccda then ccnp
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    If you have an interest towards Juniper, you can only benefit from getting some knowledge on it + the cert. There are a lot of juniper devices out there so you can become more appealing to employers. Also, it shows you are not stuck in a one vendor environment. Although once you understand how things work and have a strong grasp on the concepts, you won't have much trouble picking up any vendor. Cisco are very effective at teaching those concepts.

IMO, in your case, it would be better to wait for the design track. It is a great one, very interesting and just plain awesome. However, it is not something that you start with right off the bat. I know where you come from - it is exciting and you want to learn it and start as soon as possible. Network design is something you really start getting into once you know how the network works and you have at least 1-2 years of experience administrating and troubleshooting it. It is required that you understand the different flows of traffic, protocols, issues that can arise with them etc. I would advise you to go for CCDA and CCDP after your CCNP:R&S and not any time sooner. This is how you will get the most of it and really advance. No need to rush. What's more, you will find the CCDA a lot easier after doing CCNP.

I think your top priority right now should be to get your foot through the door and start gaining experience.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice

Yes i a do have an interest in juniper and did think it would make me more appealing to employers
    Thanks again i will start on my JNCIA journey and continue looking for work opportunities
  • TybTyb Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!
    WGU BS:IT Security (March 2015)
    WGU MS:ISA (February 2016 )
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Good luck on your next cert
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63