Options

Advice on career path

CharashiCharashi Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Okay, so I am new to this forum and could use some advice. My current situation is that I have a undergrad degree in MIS and a MBA in Operations Management and ERP. My current title is IT Infrastructure Manager, in the past I was an engineer who's dealt with Healthcare and work on project dealing with HIPPA, PCI and PHI DSS. Now, I am considering going for my CISSP and possibility going for my CISM or CISA. Now, I have a good job and like what I do, but I am interest in going back and dealing more with security. Plus, I'm getting paid really well too, but that's also the fact that I'm working right across from NYC as well. I know CISA dealt with audits but I'm pretty good with investigative stuff, but I know it would be taking a step down. So being in my situation what would you recommended?

Comments

• Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hello and welcome to the TE forums.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by taking the CISA would be step down. Perhaps you could elaborate.

Anyways - I think that since you already have experience dealing with PCI and PHI DSS, getting the CISSP seems like a nice challenge. The CISSP would be a nice broad set of topics which could help fill in areas which you may not already be familiar. After the CISSP, going for the CISM is a good fit if you interest is in information security.

If you are anticipating a role change from infrastructure manager, the preparation for those 2 certifications could be helpful.