Options

certs or school

Nerv2013Nerv2013 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all few things about me are that i have been working at a call center (sales and retention) for 7 years (28 years old) and i only have like a half of year of school under my belt also know japanese . So heres my question i would really like to work overseas and contract in middle east or japan for a bit after getting my Comptia A+,MTA, Network+ , MCTS server 2008 ,admin and Windows 7 and few others i really would like to go through the program because i have buddies that have done it too and i have told by other people to go to school but i really want to start a new path soon as possible lol. so should i go to school or just work hard finish the program apply to jobs over seas then finish school later really would like to do more with my life then just waste another year in a call center lol thanks for any help !!

also what jobs can i actually get with all the certs with just call center experience out the gate just wanting to know thanks again for any help !

Comments

• Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What type of technology are you using at the call center? if Cisco, then you ought to look around UCCX stuff and mention it in your cert. In any case, try to match your experience with your certs.
    If I had to choose, I would aim for certs and not school. It takes a lot more discipline to study for certs than to study at school, but on the long run, that's what companies are really searching for.

Wass