Options

PuTTY Issue

TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
Having a little issue with saving/loading a session in PuTTY. I generated 2048 keys using Puttygen, and provided the public key to my Linux admin, and installed the private key on my machine using Pageant. The Linux admin installed my public key on the servers I need access to, and I can successfully SSH into said servers. However, When I try to save and load a session, it doesn't launch. Anybody else run into this issue.
* Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
* Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
* Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration

Comments

• Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I still can't figure out exactly what's going on, but I was able to find a work around by doing the following:

1. Created a shortcut to PuTTy.exe
    2. Edited the shortcut and added ‘-load “<sessionname>”’ to the command line, where <sessionname> is the name of the saved session.
    3. When I launched the new shortcut, the saved session automatically connected.

I'm going to still tinker and see if I can find out why the saved session in PuTTY.exe won't execute, but at least for the time being I can connect quicker now. :D
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm able to save a "session" with no issues with the stand alone PuTTY executable. I've not had the need to use the PuTTY Gen app.

To save the sessions, I provide a hostname, protocol, and session name and then click save. Then I select that session and click "Load" for it to connect to the remote device.

When you save your session, does it at least show up in the list of sessions in PuTTY?
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Im assuming you are connecting from a Windows box. Have you tried right clicking on the exe and running as admin?