Manage Spreadsheet for Call Manager

CISCOJAGCISCOJAG Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was curious what you guys use to manage your DID Range, Extensions, and User tied to each enpoint besides manually doing this in Excel spreadsheet. Are you guys using something else or have some automated way to do this?

Comments

• ReibeReibe Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    We don't use anything outside of call manager to handle these.

I have each site with a different DID range. Between end-users in the system and phone descriptions (Bldg A Rm13 - John Smith), device pools, etc. I can usually find anything I need to.
  • TrifidwTrifidw Member Posts: 281
    Do you not find it a bit tricky finding spare numbers?

We use a spreadsheet
  • ReibeReibe Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No, I just do a find for DN starting with the leading number(s) of the range (each site had 100 numbers) so for example: DNs starting with 33 gives me 3300-3399. I just find a break in the results. Also I may search for partition as well.

I do the search for DNs on Call Routing > Directory Number in case the DN isn't on a phone (to catch other application-based DNs, etc). If an extension goes away, I make sure to delete the unused DN from the system. Searching this way usually give me what I want in a single search (with 1-3 pages of results).
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    When I do a design, I usually give a spreadsheet All the Open DID's to the customer and they fill in the users. As long as they keep it up to date it will last. The larger projects 3000+ users projects we usually use a 3rd party product to handle it.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Trifidw wrote: »
    Do you not find it a bit tricky finding spare numbers?

We use a spreadsheet

We don't use a spreadsheet. The numbering convention used is sorta self documenting. Aside from that, the "Route Plan Report" tool is useful to me for ensuring that any DN that I add does not conflict with anything else.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens