I bought lots of books! On which should i pay more attention?

hambos22hambos22 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello! I decided to give the two-way path for the CCNA, (icnd1 + icnd2). Well i bought three books:1) Cisco CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide Wendell Odom 2) CCENT Study Guide: Exam 100-101 (ICND1) Todd Lamie3) Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices, Part 1 (ICND1) Foundation Learning Guide (4th Edition) (Foundation Learning Guides) Anthony Sequieira (i have an amazon gift card so i wasn't thinking about money, a book is a book)For the first and second i read many reviews. For the third nothing. I couldn't find anything here neither on google. Anyone read it already? Is it worth it? When i started it, his writing style and theory was much much easier and understandable than the first two. But i dont know if its suitable for filling my brain with enough knowledge for passing the exams. Whats your opinion?Thank you!

Comments

• bbarrickbbarrick Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd read the first couple of chapters from Odom/Lammle's book and see which one appeals to your taste more. Personally, I was so far into Odom's when I got Lammle's that I was used to Odom's style.
  • hambos22hambos22 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The bad thing with Odom is that when you are still in the fundamentals, he puts too much information that you dont know yet and that confuses me a lot! The good thing with his book is the pearson exam software. But i read already about 200 pages of the 3rd book and i dont know if its suitable for the exams. Thats my main concern
  • bbarrickbbarrick Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Maybe start out with a Network+ book just for the fundamentals then. I don't know much about Anthony's book but it's focused on the INCD1 so it can't hurt as extra reading material I don't guess.
  • martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    I would start with Anthony Sequieira. Didn`t read this one but I saw some of his new CCNA Data Center videos at CBT Nuggets and he seems to have a very beginner friendly style of teaching stuff. Odom and Lamle are great books but when I started getting into cisco it was hard to follow their materials because they tend to go very deep which can be kinda frustrating and boring when you are new to this technologie.
    And then, I started a blog ...
  • IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bbarrick has some good advice. If you are completely new to IT and networking, an N+ book and youtube is a good start. Take your time to learn, don't rush it, but have a good pace at the same time.
  • Unidade01Unidade01 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i did the n+ and it did really help on icnd1 since it gave me some base knowledge to build on!

as for the the books i used odom's and i like it, it kept me interested, was afraid it would be too dull to the point it would make me lose interest, but i actually went through it twice