ICND2 Passed!

lamha88lamha88 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
After about a month of studying, I've finally got my CCNA. My score is a little lower than I'd like to admit, but a pass is still a pass. There was a lot more IPv6 coverage than I had anticipated. I'd like to thank the plethora of forums members who passed their ICND2's in the recent weeks. Their success stories were really what got me back on track (that, and the Sept. deadline icon_lol.gif).

I think I'm going to take the next few months off. My fall quarter starts soon... I need to brush up on some C# for my database management class. Afterwards, I'm kind of torn between pursuing the MCSA and the CCNA:S. I'll be pursuing both eventually... but which one first?

Comments

• IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done icon_thumright.gif

As for what next, that depends on what you enjoy more I guess, both the MCSA and CCNA:S are really good.
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!

As far as the next step goes it pretty much depends on your situation. For example, the technologies you're working with will determine which one will be more beneficial to do next. Which one is more in line with your duties at work? Or are you looking to break in?
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • johnifanx98johnifanx98 Member Posts: 329
    My intention of going CCNA is to enrich my understanding of how network technology/product works from a high level. Such knowledge is indispensable for network product developers. I'm not optimistic to get a decent paid job by just demonstrating how you are proficient in typing commands on Cisco gears.
    Congrats!

As far as the next step goes it pretty much depends on your situation. For example, the technologies you're working with will determine which one will be more beneficial to do next. Which one is more in line with your duties at work? Or are you looking to break in?
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    My intention of going CCNA is to enrich my understanding of how network technology/product works from a high level. Such knowledge is indispensable for network product developers. I'm not optimistic to get a decent paid job by just demonstrating how you are proficient in typing commands on Cisco gears.

Seems like you have the right idea. Understanding the principles of how things work is more important. Memory of specific commands and configs comes with experience.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity