Options

801 passed!

chipcreepchipcreep Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
I know there's been a lot of these threads lately but I passed! I got a 758/900. I know that's not great but I studied like crazy and I feel good about it. I used Mike Meyer's Passport, Exam Cram, Professor Messer, and CBT Nuggets as study resources. Now I'm going to schedule the 802 soon.

I have to say, it was a little harder than I expected. But then again, I didn't really know what to expect since it was my first tech exam.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations

When is the next exam so you can have the full glory of the pass?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    I'm going to the testing center at the beginning of next week to schedule the 802. I'm going to take it in a couple of weeks, most likely.
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    SlithySlithy Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing the first half!
  • Options
    SLeibinSLeibin Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did you study for 801 independently of 802? That's kind of the route I'm taking, but it seems like most people study both at the same time.

Oh and congrats! :)
  • Options
    SLeibin wrote: »
    Did you study for 801 independently of 802? That's kind of the route I'm taking, but it seems like most people study both at the same time.

I've been studying since about April/May. The reason I've been studying so long is because I had very little tech knowledge when I got into it. I studied for both of them (to get used to the subjects) until a month ago when I scheduled my 801. Once I scheduled my 801, I focused on just that. Now, I'm just going to focus on the 802 objectives. So, yes and no to your question.

My plan for the 802 is to read the troubleshooting sections of all the hardware based chapters of the books and read all of the 802 based chapters. I'll be taking notes (again), as well. Then, I'll watch the Professor Messer videos for the 802.

Also, thanks everyone!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats and good luck on second exam!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    toeknee1973toeknee1973 Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats..you are half way there...
    (In Progress)
    B.A. IT - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance - WGU
    HCISPP
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□