Finally another fresh CCNA!

IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just passed ICND 2 640-816. Got 846, not happy with the score but I rushed the exam date and didn't have a healthy amount of time for review. I say one more week and 900s for sure.

I'll begin a thorough study plan to go through the CBT series for the new exams ( I won't take the tests, but I'll study it as a transition into CCNP ), brush up on my weak areas. And do the CBT : Labs for the real world + Network Warrior. Then onto CCNP training.

PS, I'll be studying less intensely for the MCSA Windows 7 on the side, as I have lot's of experience already, I won't need as many hours in the lab for that cert, and no rush to get it. Cisco is the path I want.

Good luck to everyone on their endeavors!!

Comments

• ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ismaeljrp wrote: »
    PS, I'll be studying less intensely for the MCSA Windows 7 on the side, as I have lot's of experience already
    Famous last words. Do NOT underestimate Microsoft client OS exams. They are tests of enterprise features and deployment strategies, not a "well I use Windows 7 all the time I don't need to study for this" throwaway.

My default recommendation for anyone going the Microsoft cert route is to take a server exam FIRST before you take a client exam because it puts you in a better mindset.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanx, won't take it lightly, just at least for the first exam, I've trained on most of it in college and implemented. I've also trained on servers, especially AD, I wouldn't want to certify in it though. But still good points to keep in mind. I'm in my final year in college, so I've trained on many things IT already. Which gives me a that mindset already.

P.S. Less intensely actually means, aproximately 10-15 hrs a week. Not sure what it would mean for other's.
  • cronoscronos Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I will take mine next Friday and I don't feel too sure about it but I refuse to reschedule.
    cronos wrote: »
    Congratulations! I will take mine next Friday and I don't feel too sure about it but I refuse to reschedule.

What town are you in ?

Edit: just checked your profile, I feel like I know you from somewhere lol
  • gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congrats! Enjoy that shiny new CCNA.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
    I am in school with you we take Electronic and Network Security together!
    cronos wrote: »
    I am in school with you we take Electronic and Network Security together!

Ahh yes! So you joined the forum after all! :D
    Hope you're liking it so far, there is a lot of great people here. Truck loads of wisdom, from the likes Zartana and Iris and many more.
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • homemade88homemade88 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations dude you must feel great, just got mine yesterday as well. My company pays me back when I pass so that's even sweeter, but again, congrats, go buy yourself a steak and lobster dinner...your treat. icon_wink.gif

PS. can some tell me how to put extra info at the bottom of my posts like my certification goals yadda yadda, thanks.
    Thank you homemade88. That is in My Settings, under My Profile. Should be an option " edit signature "
  • homemade88homemade88 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I don't see it there either, guess I need to post more before I'm given the option.
  • johnifanx98johnifanx98 Member Posts: 329
    First, congrats to your pass! But I really doubt one more week would or should make much difference to your score. It it does, then it's not your success, but the failure of CCNA exam designer. Because it would mean the CCNA exam does not test out understanding, but something short and cheap.
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    First, congrats to your pass! But I really doubt one more week would or should make much difference to your score. It it does, then it's not your success, but the failure of CCNA exam designer. Because it would mean the CCNA exam does not test out understanding, but something short and cheap.

That's one way to look at it. I didn't do a complete review, so I had some skill fade in stuff like syntax, and just details. I feel like I have a really good understanding of pretty much all the material, with the exception of some specifics. I didn't lab what I should have. And yes, a week would have been plenty for me. Remember, 40-50 questions is nowhere near enough to really analyze ones understanding of the technology. It has to be specific and focused.
  • NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I really doubt one more week would or should make much difference to your score. It it does, then it's not your success, but the failure of CCNA exam designer. Because it would mean the CCNA exam does not test out understanding, but something short and cheap.
    It's an entry-level exam. It tests one's knowledge/understanding, just of a limited set of knowledge.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. :)

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. :)

I like that :). My studies will continue, and I'll get stronger in any weak areas. As far as the test is concerned I'm good enough to be CCNA. For me, it's exactly like your quote, that was just another step.
  • PCSPrestonPCSPreston Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 127
    IT is a life long journey to be an "expert" I'm taking my CCENT next week :) Congratz on your pass!
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome job! Congrats!
    I just failed today with a score of 818 icon_sad.gif
  • gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So close... what was your breakdown?
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • SysnetNotesSysnetNotes Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Another CCNA; I pass with the score of 916!