CCNA (ICND2) Passed!

NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
Finally got around to passing my CCNA exam (ICND2) yesterday! Pretty pumped! I honestly wouldn't have been able to do it without the guidance and knowledge that everyone here provides daily...amazing site/forum. For study materials, I used...

Todd Lammle's CCNA (7th Edition)
101 Labs for the Cisco CCNA Exam
CCNA ICND2 Official Cert Guide by Wendell Odom
Cisco CCNA in 60 Days
Boson ExSim-Max and NetSim

For the next certification I might go back and get Security+ just to finish off the "CompTIA Triad"...unless anyone has any suggestions. Trying to lay a base of Networking/Security to decide what I like more. Any help would be appreciated! icon_cheers.gif
Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security

Comments

• coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Kenneth196Kenneth196 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    "Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks." - Unknown
  • IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done. My those are a lot of books for ccna u must have felt pretty good going in. Good luck on ur next goal
  • dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your Certification
  • gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on getting your CCNA!
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • lamha88lamha88 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

You should be able to knock out Security+ pretty easily compared to the CCNA. While I can't make any comments on how the Security+ will affect job prospects, I can tell me you that studying for it gave me a pretty good starting point as far as security fundamentals go. I recommend it to anyone who wants to dip their toe in the security frontier.
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    Thanks everyone! :) And thank you lamha, I'll probably knock out Sec+ then do the next Security cert...would that be the SSCP?
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security
  • sixtytensixtyten Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! Good job passing before the deadline!
  • 101010101010 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, good luck with the Security+ if you decide to go for it. icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    [x] GCIH

"Well if you're going to have delusions of grandeur, may as well go for the really satisfying ones." - Marcus, Babylon 5
  • MurphMurph Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    2013 CCENT[x] 2014 CCNA[x] 2015 CCNP[ ]
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats dude!! Welcome to the club icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • TybTyb Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congtrats on the pass!!
    WGU BS:IT Security (March 2015)
    WGU MS:ISA (February 2016 )
  • EvraeEvrae Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great job on the pass. Depending on whether or not your "Certified for life" or not, the Security+ will renew those two certificates if you are enrolled in CE.

Having Security+ opens a lot more doors for government positions.
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Good Luck on Security+.
    Maybe CCNA Security after that.