ICND2 Studying, carry on or start new?

BeanyBeany Member Posts: 177
Morning,

i'm currently studying for the ICND2 exam using Wendell Odom book (640-816). I'm pretty sure i wont be finishing my studying before the 30th Sept.

Do i carry on studying and complete this book and then buy the new Wendell book (200-101) and start studying that?

Or shall i move to the new book now immediately? Indecisive at the moment.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• draughtdraught Member Posts: 229 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did you just start studying? Unless you have studied this past month It would be much smarter to buy the new book and start studying for the test you are actually going to take.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you don't feel confident in taking the test by Sept. 30th then I would recommend to start studying the new material.
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    If you are just starting, you might as well get the new one.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • sixtytensixtyten Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm trying to cram in ACLs, OSPF, EIGRP, STP, IPv6, WAN before my test in two weeks. I have all the tools (Lammle, CCNA 60 days, Boson Practice tests) but I've got to cram! I have been going over the material loosely for about a month and a half now. I have an overview of the topics but now I've got to do my labs and get into the details.
  • IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I highly recommend getting 101 labs for the CCNA on kindle. Skip the sdm labs and u can get by the rest in 2 weeks or less. It will force u to review and the repetition of the labs will help u retain. I think u have time.
  • BeanyBeany Member Posts: 177
    only bother i have is if i move to the new material will i be missing some important topics as a lot of stuff has been taken out on the new ICND2 book?

If i was to buy the new book, is the following the right one:

Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching ICND2 200-101 Official Cert Guide: Amazon.co.uk: Wendell Odom: Books
  • sixtytensixtyten Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! I picked up a copy yesterday and have begun working on the labs. practice practice practice
    Ismaeljrp wrote: »
    I highly recommend getting 101 labs for the CCNA on kindle. Skip the sdm labs and u can get by the rest in 2 weeks or less. It will force u to review and the repetition of the labs will help u retain. I think u have time.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It's not a race. Don't burn yourself out trying.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams