1 week until ccent, what to study?

chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
what do most people concentrate on? test questions, more labbing?

Comments

• sixtytensixtyten Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Make sure you know WAN and switching. Those were two items I kinda skimmed over and it got me on the first test. OVERALL.. make sure you COVER YOUR WEAK AREAS!!! If you've been doing some practice tests, you should know where these areas are.

Best of Luck!!
  • PCSPrestonPCSPreston Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 127
    I have it booked for Friday. I've been labbing with packet tracer and just going through the items on what the exam covers and that is what I'm labbing and studying with. I'm also using exam questions from cisco press.
  • Carpe PorcusCarpe Porcus Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    IP addressing and subnetting is always a favourite in most I.T. based exams so make sure that you are confident with subnetting and I mean know what the /28 etc. equates to in decimal notation, the subnets this creates along with network and broadcast addresses with the host ranges for each subnet.

This is standard industry practice and if you don't know this and are unable to quote if parrot fashion you may find things difficult in both real life and an exam environment.

NDA remains intact, thankyouvermuch.
    “I'm always admitting I'm wrong. That's how I eventually get to right.”
  • fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    eddo1 wrote: »
    what do most people concentrate on? test questions, more labbing?

Focus on your weak area(s), and don't spend time repeatedly reading stuff you already know. Sure, it feels good to know that you know something, but it might come to back to haunt you. If you're ready to take the exam, you should know what you don't know.
  • SysnetNotesSysnetNotes Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I believe for passing exams,theory is more important.If you have the core understanding on theory part its easy to get passed.Make short notes on the topics u studying
  • StaunchyStaunchy Member Posts: 180
    sixtyten wrote: »
    Make sure you know WAN and switching. Those were two items I kinda skimmed over and it got me on the first test. OVERALL.. make sure you COVER YOUR WEAK AREAS!!! If you've been doing some practice tests, you should know where these areas are.

Best of Luck!!

^^ I 2nd this. Good luck and let us know how it went
    2016 Goals: CCNP R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP Security
    LinkedIn