Options

Intel Processor Question

s0c0s0c0 Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
On my main computer I have an Intel Pentium 4 processor. It's an x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping GenuineIntel 2400 Mhz. At least that's what my System Information says in Windows. If I go to System Properties it's says that I have a 1.6 Ghz. So which one do I believe? I've tried searching on Intel's site, but I can't figure out that exact model. Is the 2400 Mhz the over clocked speed and 1.6 is the actually speed. I'm confused. Can anyone answer this?

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Well, here's two ways. Intel has a free utility you can install, and it will test the Cpu for speed, proper Id, and other properties of the chip. You can find that here. To find out what your chip is actually running at, due to any overclocking, this program will measure the current speed it's running at.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    CPU-Z is me favorite, great for achieving the "perfect overclock", will give you information regarding your memory and timings, as well as your chipset.

http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    s0c0s0c0 Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's a 1.6, thanks for the links.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    You may want to check the Bios settings. It looks like the frequency is turned down a bit. You may have a 2400, and it's just set to 1.6. I have a P4 2.53, but in Bios I can make it 1.9, or higher with overclocking.
    i remain, he who remains to be....