Options

Tackling the CCNP shortly

Carpe PorcusCarpe Porcus Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
Of the three exams, is there a preferred order in which to take them?

Not concerning difficulty as that is subjective depending upon aptitude and experience but is there any value to taking say routing as it will prepare for troubleshooting or take switching then troubleshooting or routing, switching then finish off with troubleshooting or start with troubleshooting?

Or simply pick one and take it from there?

I would be interesting to hear the path others have taken and the reason, if any at all.
“I'm always admitting I'm wrong. That's how I eventually get to right.”

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    There are varying opinions on SWITCH or ROUTE first, but pretty much everyone seems to agree it's a good idea to do both of those before TSHOOT. It makes sense to do all your learning on the two areas before taking the troubleshooting portion.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took Route first because I've heard it was the hardest. There really is not benefit of going route or switch first, it's all personal preference.
  • Options
    ZoovashZoovash Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would recommend going first for the one you have the most experience in, that helps a lot. The 2nd one will probably be the hardest, but you want the material fresh before TSHOOT. This was my path and it worked out pretty well. Wish you good luck in whatever you decide to do first!