Options

Need a break!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    I have to get it all in now.....Our first one is due in March! :D ......We find out the sex tomorrow.. :D

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    QUIX0TICQUIX0TIC Member Posts: 277
    Wow... for me... I have until Sept then do the chinese wedding thing and then the family (inlaws) will accept us to have kids. So, I have a year to get my shi-ot in line!
    "To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation."
  • Options
    paige1paige1 Member Posts: 117
    I think you had it right at first. You just need a break.

(When you get to New York be sure to get a couple of those hot dogs with cooked red onions on them from the street vendor). :D
    Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings.

Samuel Johnson
  • Options
    hc2abhc2ab Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Your really making "n" times more than those from some other country.

The competition is so fierce it don't take forever to get certs. More like a few day.
  • Options
    determinedgermandeterminedgerman Member Posts: 168
    hc2ab wrote:
    Your really making "n" times more than those from some other country.

The competition is so fierce it don't take forever to get certs. More like a few day.

Yeah you might get a cert within a couple of days. Using Braindumps and memorizing questions and other stuff cheaters do. If you are not working in the field that you are taking your certs in it will take a while to study and understand the topics.

Don't forget that having a cert doesn't mean you know everything.
  • Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yah, I think if certifications as either a foundation of or quantification for knowledge.

I know a lot of burnt out IT guys. It can be tough because right now it's hard to keep pace, and a lot of people are frustrated because you get laid off, moved, or overburdened a lot, just to have some 18 year old who grew up with computers blow right by you, even though they're a jerk.

But, I see it as a means to an end. I'm decent at it, want to learn, and need something that pays well so I can travel on my off time and keep up my martial arts training. Getting hit in the face is sometimes a relief when studying for those exams :).

The biggest thing is this: No matter what you do, everyone gets burnt out. You can change careers or whatnot, and that's fine. But you'll get sick of that too. Really what you need is to find something within you that makes you feel good, and radiate that to the rest of the world. I find a lot of the time that if I'm feeling upset about something externally, it's often related to an internal issue.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber