Options

CCNA Passed!!! :)

gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
Finally! Got back on the horse and got my CCNA this morning. I am pretty excited about it.

Used:
Lammle 6th Edition CCNA Guide
Wendell Odom ICND2 (Much more recommended due to degree on depth)
NetSim ICND2 (Very similar to the test questions in wording only, I felt like the questions were different)
101 Labs for the CCNA exam (you HAVE to lab to get the concepts down)
Ran through GNS3 and PT (PT is all you really need)

Big ups to the TE community... Security+ is next, I've been waiting to read it :)
If you are still working at getting the cert, keep pushing! You can do it! icon_wink.gif
Goals for 2015: CCNP

Comments

• Options
    smcclenaghansmcclenaghan Member Posts: 139
    Congratulations, gadav478.

Agree completely on Odom's books and labs. I truly feel like I'm learning the material.

I'm also using the Boson tests. I have to say, overall, I'm not super impressed with their accuracy or with the bugs which occasionally show up in the sims, but all that said, you will definitely learn using Boson. Some of it is obscure (ex, 'banner incoming' regarding reverse telnet) and I'm not sure it's testable, but you will learn. It's worth the $70 if you have the $70.
  • Options
    I hear ya.
    Sometimes when loading the sims, the window crashes... which ruins the score. I'll shoot them an email so they are aware of it. Other than that, it's good software. I also used the Practice Tests from Odom's book. Decent enough. I think that the labbing is what made the difference this time though. The 101 Labs for CCNA Exam is awesome (Thanks to Ismaeljrp for constantly recommending it, it's definitely worth the $5) and tests a lot of information and brought to light a lot of my weak areas.
  • Options
    01james1001james10 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    WilyOneWilyOne Member Posts: 131
  • Options
    Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Now to other worlds to conquer!
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations.
    Good Luck with Security+
  • Options
    101010101010 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, good luck with your Security+ studies.icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    [x] GCIH

"Well if you're going to have delusions of grandeur, may as well go for the really satisfying ones." - Marcus, Babylon 5
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.... For everyone with both certs, (CCNA and Security+) did you guys see any overlap if at all?
  • Options
    IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome icon_thumright.gif felicidadez
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    PCSPrestonPCSPreston Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 127