Options

Prep for CCENT, should I bother configuring SDM on lab router?

nopixelnopixel Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm taking the CCENT 640-822 exam on the 21st. Is it worth the time for me to try to install and configure SDM on my router so I can walk through the steps of configuring DHCP/PAT for the access router in my lab?

It doesn't seem like it'd be too difficult but I don't want to waste hours trying to get it installed. Anyone have experience installing SDM?

thanks, back to icon_study.gif....
2018 goal: CCNA Collaboration - B]210-060[/B

Comments

• Options
    kinellkinell Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Install sdm is very simple, make it work is tricky.

SDM is an obsolete tool and recent versions of java, IE or Firefox, don´t get along with it. I spend a couple of days testing several versions of java and IE and in my case SDM works with Java 1.6.0.20, Windows xp SP3 and IE 6.

I am almost sure that there is a demo version of it, you should try it before get involved with SDM because once you get involved you are going to be obssesed with make it work and that will be a waste of time, SDM is very intuitive.
  • Options
    WilyOneWilyOne Member Posts: 131
    I personally wouldn't spend too much time on it. I guess it's possible there's a question or two about SDM, but I can't imagine there would be too many since as kinell says it's an obsolete product.
  • Options
    IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd say no. Just watch a video on it. Know what has to be done to be able to install and run it.