Options

Moving to Austin Texas

I'm pretty much deadset on moving here in the next 4 to 6 months.

I will be going here in the next few weeks to visit, see the town, scope out a place to live and try to meet with HR reps and drop my resume.

Was wondering if an TechExams folks were living here and could pass on more info.

thanks
***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
-unknown

Comments

• Options
    neo9006neo9006 Member Posts: 195
    It is where I would go if I was not in Houston. Depending on where you are at, the weather will probably nice till the spring, the summers are humid here. Hope you enjoy it.
    BAAS - Web and Media Design
    Working on A+
  • Options
    prampram Member Posts: 171
    Uhh pretty much all the jobs are northwest, around the intersection of highway 1 and 183. Cisco, IBM, Apple, and Oracle are all in this area. Rackspace and Dell are around I-35, north of 183. There's very little downtown, a few startups and banks etc.

Just stay away from the east side of I-35 when looking for a place to live. Also pick a place that you can commute without having to take I-35 because its a nightmare.
  • Options
    JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    pram wrote: »
    Uhh pretty much all the jobs are northwest, around the intersection of highway 1 and 183. Cisco, IBM, Apple, and Oracle are all in this area. Rackspace and Dell are around I-35, north of 183. There's very little downtown, a few startups and banks etc.

Just stay away from the east side of I-35 when looking for a place to live. Also pick a place that you can commute without having to take I-35 because its a nightmare.

Just sent you a PM.

thanks in advance
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    visited there once.....hot weather, big bugs, really nice people, lots of open, green areas, cheap housing (compared to NY and CA), great tex mex.

Best of luck!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    jordankjjordankj Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JockVSJock wrote: »
    I'm pretty much deadset on moving here in the next 4 to 6 months.

I will be going here in the next few weeks to visit, see the town, scope out a place to live and try to meet with HR reps and drop my resume.

Was wondering if an TechExams folks were living here and could pass on more info.

thanks
    Datafoundry has a lot of data centers in south autin,i actually was offered a job there but had to turn it down due mu finincial status at the time,couldn't afford to move. Austin is full of tech jobs you'll have no problem finding one.
  • Options
    JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    I'm headed down there in October for a week to check things out.

I will post back results here.

-unknown