Options

Passed 640-822!!!!

PCSPrestonPCSPreston Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 127
Hello everyone,

I passed CCENT yesterday with a 887. I'm now pursing CCNA Security. Any thoughts? I used bosom,labsim, x1 1841 and x2 2950s for labs and packet tracer, subnettingquestions.com and Cisco press ICDN1 to study. What should I use for CCNA Security?

Comments

• Options
    WilyOneWilyOne Member Posts: 131
    I could be wrong, but if you're talking real gear I'm pretty sure you'll need an ASA.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    Yeah I will be getting a ASA soon. I have a CIsco PIX already. That I've configured.
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    You're not going for CCNA?
  • Options
    Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats! A PIX is not going to help you for the security track. Hardly anyone uses those nowadays so not much use as a whole. Also buying an ASA for CCNA Sec is a bit of an overkill. The good side is that what you have done on the PIX will help you with the ASA.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    I'm going for CCNA R/S then CCNA Security. I will be getting an ASA down the road to study on. What do you all recommend?
  • Options
    SysnetNotesSysnetNotes Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.Any specific reason for choosing security field ?
  • Options
    SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    You're not going to need an ASA for the CCNA Security exam. It'd be nice to have one, and 5505 can be obtained fairly cheap on ebay (cheap is a relative term), but it's not a necessity. You'll want a copy of CCP though.
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • Options
    Thanks for the help everyone. Security is my passion and I got into in college and working towards it now with CCENT and beyond certs. I'm currently have 3 years experiance in system admin and network admin work and working towards more and eventualyl working for ISP to become a Cisco Security engineer.I competed in Cyber Defense competition where we learned about Cisco technologies and security practices. We got 4th or higher each year and It was a good experience. 5505 ASA correct Somni? I have a Cisco PIX 501e right now. Would that work?