640-816. CCNA. Done

kingholmeskingholmes Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
I finally took the ICND2 this morning. I passed but only with a 888. I was much more nervous on this one than the ICND1. It was as tough as I thought it would be. And I used up most of the time as well. I had maybe 15-20 minutes left at the end and was dreading getting another scenario at the end. Fortunately I did not. Thanks again for all the help from this forum. I do not post much but I read every day. I read an older version of Odoms book and had the Boson sims. Now I plan on slowly studying for the CISSP but not take it until maybe end of first quarter next year. My wife says I need a break. I guess I have been stressed the last couple of days. :)

Comments

• coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • nopixelnopixel Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Haha, I can relate to being stressed out. My final week before sitting for the exam I was a complete mess. The only thing my wife heard me talk about was studying for the exam or about how I was dreading failing it. :) Congrats on the pass!
    2018 goal: CCNA Collaboration - B]210-060[/B
  • Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on getting that behind you. icon_cheers.gif

I know how you feel about the simulations. I was about halfway through mine and kept thinking I was going to get a massively-tough one next question, but fortunately I never did.
  • SysnetNotesSysnetNotes Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Congrats!
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • kingholmeskingholmes Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone. Nopixel and Cat5, it is scary how stressed I have been. The last two days were a little weird. I had nothing to study and no deadline looming. It will take a few days to get used to it. But I am thinking at least a month before I start on the CISSP or CCNA security.
  • smcclenaghansmcclenaghan Member Posts: 139
    kingholmes wrote: »
    Now I plan on slowly studying for the CISSP but not take it until maybe end of first quarter next year. My wife says I need a break. I guess I have been stressed the last couple of days. :)

I hate giving advice like this, but if you really want to pass the CISSP and minimize the disruption to your life, get and SKIM Shon Harris' guide, then take a one week boot camp course if you can afford it (maybe through work?). Plan to get a hotel room away from family and work during this week. Seriously. Eat/breath/swim CISSP. Take the following weekend to continue the cram, using Shon Harri's provided practice test and Eric Conrad's study guide to fill in gaps.

hen take the test on a Monday or Tuesday.

I'm not sure I'd have seen a return spending any more time than that. Not because the exam is easy. (It isn't. I thought I failed and was surprised I passed). But because too many of the question are about getting into the test writer's heads so pick the answer *they* consider to be right. It's hard to prepare for a test like that.

Anyway, congrats on your CCNA.
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • uneeqstylezzuneeqstylezz Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    awesome job!! i felt just like you today! and got the same exact score haha. icon_thumright.gif