Options

How does the real exam compare to the Free CCNA Workbook practice exam?

workfrom925workfrom925 Member Posts: 196
How does the real exam compare to the Free CCNA Workbook practice exam at the link below?

CCNA Practice Exam | Free CCNA Workbook

I passed this practice exam at 840. It states its passing score is 825. When I took the exam, I was not 100% sure of many questions, but often they are the material that I've read before. So I made my best guess.

Do I have a chance at the real exam that I plan to take next week before it expires?

Comments

• Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    I had a quick look into that practice exam and I can tell you the CCNA exam is harder. Not because the content is different but because in the real CCNA exam the wording is, as I would humorously call it, "Cisco proprietary". What I mean by this is that Cisco exams are notoriously known to be worded in a way that if you do not understand the question the way Cisco wants you too, you won't get the right answer. Make sure you read every word of every question twice and answer accordingly to what you think Cisco would like you to answer before you click the "next" button.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    smcclenaghansmcclenaghan Member Posts: 139
    I remember hearing that and being scare of it, DeigOM.

That said, I took the CISSP a month before the ICND1 and wow. ISC2 has Cisco beat HANDS DOWN in the area of question complexity for its own sake. I swore I failed that exam and was literally stunned when I found out I passed.

I didn't think the questions on the Cisco exams were overly confusing or misleading. I think there were a few that I had to reread a few times. I would say that many of the questions were complex, particularly the sims. It was never "Do A, then B, then C." It was instead "Use the first available addresses of A, in numeric ascending order, such that B, and avoiding C, keeping in mind D and please do not violate E while preserving F." The design requirements were definitely meant to test your knowledge, but an engineer would never assign instructions in a format like that. It would be just too easy to make a mistake.

(My experience is limited to CCNA though. You've already taken CCNP).