Options

Vm ware

vivsvivs Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey i want to do ccna r&s.. after completion of ccna i am thinking to do vmware.. is it ok to go with vmware.?

Comments

• Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    I don't think anyone can answer the question in this form. There is no universal response to this. What is your current level and experience. Are you in IT or are you looking to break in? What kind of job are you aiming at?
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    vivsvivs Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for your response

Yes im working as Systems engineer.. And im having 2yrs experience.. I want to move on to networking field.. One of my frnd said it is good to have VMware along with ccna.

Are there any books for theory which you can suggest me for CCNA R&S
  • Options
    StaunchyStaunchy Member Posts: 180
    vivs wrote: »
    Thank you for your response

Yes im working as Systems engineer.. And im having 2yrs experience.. I want to move on to networking field.. One of my frnd said it is good to have VMware along with ccna.

Are there any books for theory which you can suggest me for CCNA R&S

Here is links to the official Cisco self study guides by ciscopress:

ICND1 100-101: Cisco CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide
    ICND2 200-101: Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching ICND2 200-101 Official Cert Guide
    2016 Goals: CCNP R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP Security
    LinkedIn
  • Options
    IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    VMware with ccna, wouldn't really complement each other much. I mean as a systems engineer you probably have more a shot at getting your hands on VMware than networking.

Honestly, I've got my CCNA with the old exams, but I've been through the new CCENT material and it covers so much that I can even suggest just getting the CCENT , and then VMware if what you really want to do is VMs. The new CCENT covers enough now to get a much better understanding of networking, as it is much more hands on, and you cover more topics that the old exam didn't, such as ACLs, IPv6, OSPF, VLANS, 802.1q.