Need tips for getting started with MCSA

SerpenteSerpente Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just completed my CCNA ICND2 exam today and am looking to go for the MCSA next, but I need some general advice about the best methods for self study. I had no prior networking knowledge/experience and simply used videos such as CBT Nuggets and Trainsignal along with the Cisco press books to pass my Cisco exams. After I learned the material I practised labs and practice exams. Now that I am looking at the MCSA, I was hoping that someone, or several people, could point me in the right direction in regard to self study material. I have the CBT nugget videos; what other materials in the way of books, videos and anything else helpful is suggested for someone with no real experience besides informal, albeit quite geeky, knowledge of desktop windows? I have an old desktop set up with server 2012 so that I can get some hands on practice. I'm sure that will come in handy before long. Also, I know that Cisco and Microsoft exams differ a fair bit in style and such, but what is the general difficulty and workload requirement of the MCSA in comparison the the CCNA? If I was able to successfully, and relatively easily, complete the CCNA course via self study and no previous experience, is it reasonable to expect that I could do the same with the MCSA? Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments