Options

Seen something strange today

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
An executive for another mid sized company had his MBA listed next to his name along with the MCSE. He is a director of business operations. I just thought that was strange. Anyone else see anything like this, out of place. If it was business solutions or architecture maybe, but a business operations title with the MCSE listed with it. Just thought it was interesting and weird at the same time.

Comments

• Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think it's odd for anyone in any position. It's really not the type of credential that makes sense to add after one's name. I've seen it before, though.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    I've only seen it listed with technicians not managers and most certainly not directors or higher. (I was wondering) Speaking of which, what creds do you think synchronize with the norms of corporate America? MBA? High level tech certs? Bachelors? Just looking for answers no input here.
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    N2IT wrote: »
    Speaking of which, what creds do you think synchronize with the norms of corporate America? MBA? High level tech certs? Bachelors? Just looking for answers no input here.

A degree (BS or MS), and experience/certifications on-par with the level of role you're applying for. Larger corporations (10,000+) are more likely to have general hiring policies and are less likely to take the risk of making exceptions.
  • Options
    NV what if you already hold a role in the company. Just with the one that means the most and applies to your current position?
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you already work at the company, your odds are greatly increased. Sometimes you can only hire internally, and often a position must be posted for some period of time internally before it's posted externally.

I got my current job only after a couple internal candidates fumbled their interviews.