Options

Failed 640-822 Feedback appreciated

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
I just got back from taking my test in Philadelphia and I am frustrated. I REALLY studied for this test. Here is the Break down.

Describe the operation of data networks 86%
Implement a small switched network 36%
Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network requirements for a small branched office. 58%
Implement a small routed Network 79%
Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks for a WLAN 50%
Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate those threats 100%
Implement and Verify WAN links 40%

I am really pissed because one Lab Sim I felt I passed 100% I have had it on my test twice before and created a packet tracker lab to try to understand where I got it wrong before, and yet I still got it wrong somehow! Which leads me to my question. Is there any way I can contact cisco to have them explain to me where I went wrong on this Lab Sim question ?

I am frustrated. I am not down on my-self but I need to figure out why I am getting some of these Lab Sims wrong ! Feedback is appreciated people.

Materials used Todd Lammle ICND1 640-822 book
Odem 640-822 book
Chris Bryant Udemy videos
Bosen Exam questions

P.S
My wife is buying me Todd Lammle's CCNET book ( 100-101 ) when she gets off of work. She told me we will cobble together new resources and see what I can used from my old materials. I love my wife. In addition, my wife wants to know if any if there are any cisco tutors ? When when my wife was getting her CPA she used a tutor to help her get over the hump on some of the subjects. Let me known

mgmguy1
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I don't think there is any way to get an explanation on what you got wrong besides the score report you received.

I think your score report reflects pretty accurately what you need to work on.

Better luck next time!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    In addition, my wife wants to know if any if there are any cisco tutors ?
    Of course. If you were to post an ad and the hourly rates you're open to, I'm sure you would get many takers.
    Feedback appreciated.
    You may be out-of-time for the existing exam. That's something to wrap your head around.
    Implement a small switched network 36%
    Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network requirements for a small branched office. 58%
    You probably need more practice with switching (concepts & commands) and calculating IP addresses.
  • Options
    smcclenaghansmcclenaghan Member Posts: 139
    I strongly suggest Odom's books instead of the book you have. (And as other have pointed out, you should consider the new exam, not the current one).

Read Odom's books cover to cover, lab, and you'll do fine. The low score in small switched network indicates to me that you're missing out on some lab experience. Consider dropping some cash on a lab.
  • Options
    draughtdraught Member Posts: 229 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would read the new Odom INCD1 book and take notes on everything, also do some more labbing. I don't think it's worth the money to hire a tutor for this.
  • Options
    SerpenteSerpente Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How far off were you from a pass?

I recommend the CBT nugget videos. They are entertaining and really easy to understand. Just be aware that videos never go into as much depth as books (I found that the ICND2 videos were missing a lot of important info), so I usually like to watch the video series once while making notes, just to get the gist of all the info, and then I go through the relevant Odem book and add to my notes from there. Be sure to get plenty of practice with labs until navigating and configuring feels natural. I bought a home lab, but I often use GNS3 as well when I can't be bothered starting up the lab or when I need to set up a larger topology or something like frame relay.

Be sure to do plenty of practice exams to gauge your knowledge and to get used to interpreting and understanding the questions quickly.

For sims in the exam, don't forget to issue commands such as "no shutdown" and "copy run start". It's easy to rush and configure everything correctly, but then forget to bring up the interfaces and to save the configuration, both of which, I'm fairly sure, will impact your sim score.

Know the material in the Odem book, know how to do the practical stuff, get some practice with practice exams/questions and you should do fine. Good luck on your next attempt.