Options

CCENT-640-822 a prerequisite now?

thinguythinguy Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed 640-822 a couple of weeks ago but don't think I'm going to have time to get my 640-816 in before 9/30
I was just looking at the ccna security prerequisites and it looks like CCENT 640-822 is all that's needed now.
Is that correct?

Comments

• Options
    Death DreamDeath Dream Member Posts: 149
    That is correct. You can go from CCENT to CCNA:S. But why don't you take your ICND2? Even with the new exam the ICDN1 will carry over into your CCNA:R/S.
  • Options
    SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    Yes this is correct. The foundation now begins at ICND1 and then branches into the specialization tracks. If you take ICND2, you would obtain CCNA Routing & Switching. If you take IINS, you obtain CCNA Security... etc.
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Correct. They simultaneously beefed up the CCENT exam and made is the pre-requisite for specialty tracks.

By taking only the old CCENT exam, you will be somewhat under-prepared for the certification and real-world challenges compared to most with a Cisco specialty, who would've taken the old CCNA or the new CCENT.