How much tougher is the new ICND2?

GorbyGorby Member Posts: 141
I'm considering waiting until earlier next year to take the ICND2 exam, (personal issues preventing time from studying). I already passed the ICND1 so I was just wondering whether it's much tougher than the old ICND2?

Comments

• f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    From what I've seen it has quite a few more topics that the old one didn't have. IPv6 and a few more things have been added so you'd probably have to make sure you get the up-to-date study material for the new exam. I'm sure the level of difficulty is roughly the same, you just need to incorporate the new topics into your studying.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    It all depends on your current knowledge level. If you are more familiar with the new topics than the old the new test will probably be easier for you. If you are unfamiliar with the old and new topics then it's probably not much of a difference.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Jeremy Cioara from CBT nuggets says that the old one is easier as it involves a lot less information. New CCNA exams, chat with Jeremy Cioara - YouTube
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I believe (thinking back to the exam blueprint posted on Cisco's site) that the new ICND2 covers less material, because alot of what used to be ICND2 material has been moved to ICND1. You still get WANs and EIGRP along with new or expanded topics like IPv6, Licensing, Syslog, SVIs, and FHRPs. Which is harder will depend on what topics you find easier/harder. Someone who struggles with ACLs for example, would probably find the new ICND2 easier. OTOH, someone who struggles with IPv6 or FHRPs would definitely find the old exam easier.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • johnifanx98johnifanx98 Member Posts: 329
    The complexity is not reflected by the topics officially released. Cisco just cuts the test time by 5 minutes, or, squeezes in one more sim into the same test time window, the complexity is increased.
  • steveyeungsteveyeung Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The complexity is not reflected by the topics officially released. Cisco just cuts the test time by 5 minutes, or, squeezes in one more sim into the same test time window, the complexity is increased.

cut the exam time by 5 mins and do one more sim question?!icon_neutral.gif
    that would be disaster! i just passed the 640-802 exam last month and i've already found that
    time is very tight. an extra sim question will take at least 10-15mins!

do you know is it the same for the new 640-802?
  • palitpalit Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am a bit confused whether to study for ICND2 new syllabus or to go for any CCNA composite with specialization considering I will have to put in the same amount of effort in preparations as the new topics in the ICND2 exam has anyway made the exam a lot tougher.I had taken and passed the old ICND1 some months back