Options

CISSP Pass

philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
Wow,

After 4 days of studying I passed the CISSP first try. First off, I was surprised how easy it was, after reading all the different forums, this one included, I thought for sure I was going to fail. Second off, I see why someone like myself who has a Business degree and is business oriented would find the exam much easier then a strictly techie person. I don't think it violates the NDA to say that the CISSP is all about the business impact.

I used

Shon Harris AIO (Total waste of time would not wish it upon my worst enemy. Its just to darn long to keep someone with ADD paying attention).

I mainly used a nifty PDF summarizing all 10 domains, all of the GIAC San's institute PDF's I could find and the mcgraw hill and opensource CISSP Exams. I took the exams first, wrote down what I got wrong and studied on wikipedia or google. I sought to understand why not how I would use a technology this helped a lot in the exam room.

Also I would say, you need to know your why's not your how's. BCP and Legal were the hardest subjects for me.

-Phil

Comments

• Options
    qutubnoorqutubnoor Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!

BCP and Legal were tough for me as well..

easiest was Telecom..

tnx..
    You can Accept to LOOSE or Determine to WIN !!!:thumbup:
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    donrecodonreco Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Phil,
    I am starting my study tonight. Would you happen to have a link to those pdf's?
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow...Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    RanMicRanMic Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    philz1982 wrote: »
    I see why someone like myself who has a Business degree and is business oriented would find the exam much easier then a strictly techie person. I don't think it violates the NDA to say that the CISSP is all about the business impact.
    -Phil

I could not agree more. I come from a tech background and sometimes have a hard time seeing the 'grey" area........I am more of a black and white person or at least that's how I think. I can say after taking the CISSP and passing that it did change my thought process a lot. Now I can see the grey area a little clearer if that makes any sense.

Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    4 days? Good job! I got a 6 month deadline once I start my new position so hopefully I will be fine!
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Actually after passing the exam and when I look back, its possible with Eric Conrad Study Guide. I only study about 30 mins everyday for two month. Official CBK is useless and took me 4 months to finish. Just that people wouldn't wanted to risk such a milestone exam that cost 599 USD in their career to study for 4 days and took the test. Beside that, the test centre availability for different areas may varies, my area requires one month booking in advance. Most people would probably take a longer time to ensure they got everything covered before going in for the exam. I would say he is really brave to take such a risk. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    RanMicRanMic Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    LionelTeo wrote: »
    Official CBK is useless and took me 4 months to finish.

Kinda funny you say that because I found the other books uselss and only used the CBK and passed. I guess to each their own.....right? :D
  • Options
    LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    From a religious text I study mention that it depends on how each individual perceive things. Some may think 1+1=3 and some may think 1+1=4. So in neither way both are wrong although most in this world would agree 1+1=2, the idea behind is that everyone is the same, they just react differently base on what the perceive, the aim is to teach people to let go on their views and so that they will realise the happiness within self. Very weird analogy but if you look this way. This is more like I prefer Eric Conrad style while you prefer the Offical Book writing style. So you pretty sum it up on the point regarding each of their own :)
  • Options
    coparahcoparah Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey Phil,
    Congrats on this feat. can you provide the nifty PDFs that cover the 10 Domains you used.

Thanks
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Coparah,

Pretty sure he is referring to this document, I've been using it myself since I am testing soon. Hope it helps!

http://www.kilala.nl/Sysadmin/Images/CISSP_Summary_V1.1.pdf