Options

Ok.. Time to knock out ICND2 200-101

sixtytensixtyten Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well I guess its time to transition over to the new stuff. I was curious who else is studying for the ICND2 200-101 now that the old test has expired. My Odom book (Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching ICND2 200-101 Official Cert Guide: Wendell Odom: 9781587143731: Amazon.com: Books ) should arrive on Wednesday and I'm looking at the previews for the new material on CBT Nuggets. I'm not sure when I'll be ready to test on the new material.. Hopefully sometime in November if I can stay dedicated with my studies.

While watching Jeremy Cioara's google hangout (New CCNA exams, chat with Jeremy Cioara - YouTube) (study topics 11:56 min into the video) he mentioned how he felt like he knew a topic if he could explain it to his wife. This time around with the next test, I plan on studying the material to the point that I can easily explain it to someone.

Good luck everyone! icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    dazerskidazerski Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Oh nice! I didn't even think to look for Cioara on hangouts; I'll have to do that. His CBTNugget videos helped me when I passed CCENT back in 2008. I liked the way he explained things. I just got my Odom 100-101 book today and from what I remember, the topics look a bit different than the old book. Thanks for even mentioning the "hangout" i'll have to look for him and follow him on that. Good luck!
  • Options
    IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Check out Chris Bryant on Udemy, he is a better instructor than Jeremy. Jeremy's new ccna series is much longer than it should be due to his overly simplistic analogies and rants, other than that he is awesome. Bryant is more to the point, and more thorough, and it's a better series for taking notes.

You can buy the training for a bargain on udemy.
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sixtyten wrote: »
    While watching Jeremy Cioara's google hangout (New CCNA exams, chat with Jeremy Cioara - YouTube) (study topics 11:56 min into the video) he mentioned how he felt like he knew a topic if he could explain it to his wife. This time around with the next test, I plan on studying the material to the point that I can easily explain it to someone.

Good luck everyone! icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif
    One of my favorite teachers used to say that too.
    To test if you really know something try teaching it to someone else.

I usually get one of my friendlier coworkers to sit and let me explain Cisco stuff to him using a whiteboard.
    It really helps and shows the parts that I dont know too well. Ill think I know it and then Ill get stuck somewhere.

Anyway good luck on the new exam.
  • Options
    dazerskidazerski Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice - I'll check him out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ismaeljrp wrote: »
    Check out Chris Bryant on Udemy, he is a better instructor than Jeremy. Jeremy's new ccna series is much longer than it should be due to his overly simplistic analogies and rants, other than that he is awesome. Bryant is more to the point, and more thorough, and it's a better series for taking notes.

You can buy the training for a bargain on udemy.
  • Options
    sixtytensixtyten Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for mentioning Chris Bryant. I forgot I bought these a while back and I see he has the updated content online.

thanks!
  • Options
    SGITSGIT Member Posts: 52 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sixtyten wrote: »
    Thanks for mentioning Chris Bryant. I forgot I bought these a while back and I see he has the updated content online.

thanks!

Yeah, I can watch the new too. I started a job in September and put more focus on the job and decided to take the new test when I am ready instead of rushing to pass the old.
    I have
    Official Cert guide for old ICND2
    Official Cert guide for new ICND2
    Bryant/Udemy for old and new