Options

May have an opportunity for a Federal Permanent Contract

gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
has anyone heard of Q clearance?
I asked if they were affected by the government shutdown and she said they were fully funded...

Comments

• Options
    clouderclouder Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! Q clearance is essentially the Dept. of Energy's version of a Top Secret. Fully funded just means that you shouldn't see an interruption in pay unless the contract is canned and someone else comes in that doesn't want incumbents. In times like this, it can be a plus to be a contractor.
  • Options
    i understand all that, if i show that i have it does it usually look good on a resume?
  • Options
    ok, thanks i do not need you guy's to continue to repeat what the word permanent means
  • Options
    jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As someone stated before, the Q clearance is DOE's version of a TS (L = Secret). Whether or not it looks good on a resume depends on the type of position you're applying for elsewhere. Is it for a job that explicitly states you to be cleared (especially another internal DOE position that requires a Q)? Yes. Is it for a job that doesn't need you to be cleared? IMO, you shouldn't put it on there.

Being in Sacramento, is the job at Livermore or Berkeley?? If so, would you mind sharing generally what type of work you'd be doing? Working at or for one of the national labs can be great - you can get some exposure to and experience with some very cool stuff.
  • Options
    No, that is closer to the bay area, sac is 1-2 hrs from the bay, this is in Folsom

1. Monitor, assign, complete and track helpdesk tickets (HEAT ticketing system)
    2. Receive and inventory new equipment
    3. Ghost, build and re-image desktop and notebooks to customer standards
    4. Setup and deploy to user’s desk when scheduled, install all special applications and train user on any changes.
    5. Work with vendors on warranty work. Receive components and install in equipment for repair.
    6. Setup all loan pool equipment. Upgrade with new patches and antivirus (Trend Micro) before giving to users.
    7. Test and train user on equipment before equipment leaves building.
    8. Train internal/external users on equipment.
    9. Travel to offsite and setup meetings when requested and approved by Supervisor/Manager.
    10. Provide user support for all PC, Laptops and PDA’s and related problems.
    11. Create and maintain documentation of new setup procedures, hardware repair / replacement and inventory maintenance.
    12. Order replacement stock parts and specialty parts required by users with special needs around the building.
    13. Keep accurate records for asset tracking of equipment that hardware moves. All emails of asset moves, transfers or excess equipment are archived for future use.
    14. On-site repair of client systems including the replacement and reconfiguration of such devices as cpu(s), system-boards, printers, LAN network cards, modems, controller cards, video graphics adapters, hard disk drives, floppy disk drives, CD-ROM drives and power supplies.
    15. Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
    16. Must demonstrate ability to work effectively as a team member