Options

Write / Erase(ing) home lab connected to a 2509 access server question

ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
Having trouble finding an answer to this and hoping some more experienced home labsters can answer this.

I just cabled up all my home lab routers and switches to a 2509 access server after doing a write / erase on them, and it just occurred to me that I have to manually open each line for the connection to be established. Is there any way to keep the connection through a write erase, or will I literally have to manually console into each device every time I build a lab from scratch?

It's not that big of a deal to run through a manual set up once per lab from scratch, but if I can avoid it that would be outstanding.

Thanks for an info and suggestions!

Comments

• Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    In case anyone else runs into this question when adding an access server to their home lab, I got this response on the Cisco forums:

"If you have done write erase before connecting the devices to the 2509 then you would have to manually start each connection from 2509 to device console and then would have access to build new configurations.

If you have connected the devices to the 2509 and started a session from the 2509 to the device console, then performed the write erase (and reload), then your console session would remain active when the device came back up and could then start building a new configuration. You would not need to restart the console connection and it would survive the write erase/reload."