Options

Cisco discovery course question

Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
I just started taking the Cisco Discovery Networking I class this semester. There is a lot of content but it all seems pretty basic. So I was wondering if anyone who has taken the course could give me an idea of what to expect in Networking II, III and IV.

I expect that the first course is more of introduction and that the course work becomes considerably harder as you get into the specifics of networking.

Thanks for any feedback. I'm enjoying the course just trying to mentally be prepared for part 2.

Jon

Comments

• Options
    WilyOneWilyOne Member Posts: 131
    I don't know how different Discovery is from Exploration, but Exploration is the more detailed/in-depth courses. The Exploration courses I took had this sequence:
    1. Network Fundamentals
    2. Routing Protocols & Concepts
    3. LAN Switching & Wireless
    4. Accessing the WAN

The courses build open each other, and it will make sense why they went in the order they did by the time you're done. And yes, the CCNA covers a lot of material so absorb as much as you can!
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thank You. It seems to me this course is set up in a very similar manner.

Right now we just seem to be getting an overview of networks and computer environments. I expect part two is where the real work begins.

Jon