Options

SD card help

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
So, I want to listen to MP3s on my way to work, and the device in my new car has SD and USB support, but no CD Player. :o

So I put my class mp3's on an SD card, but even though they are numbered, they don't play in order, anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    More details. What exactly is your naming convention? Do they appear to be totally random?
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    Death DreamDeath Dream Member Posts: 149
    Turn shuffle off........... :D

Lol I don't know. A lot of players tend to play files differently. If you sort it by name, it might play 1, 10, 100, 2, 20, 200, 3, 30, 300. Really isn't one set way to figure it out until you play with the system and find out why it is doing what it is doing.
  • Options
    ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    What audio device is it? Try the manual?
  • Options
    WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    The files have to have proper MP3 info tags and you may have to create an MP3 playlist file on the SD card for the player to read. You'll have to crack open the guide for your particular audio system and figure out how it does what it does.
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Right click on the files, go to properties, go into the details tab, and under media, input the track number at the #. They should play in the order of the files' track numbers.

When you rip files and mix them, the track numbers get jumbled unless you toggle them yourself. Only if all the track numbers are all blank in the properties field will the files be played by name.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna