Options

Just bought...

mistabrumley89mistabrumley89 Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
My first firewall. Cisco ASA 5505 with the Security Plus license. Paid $400 for it. Can't wait for it to arrive in the mail!!!
Goals: WGU BS: IT-Sec (DONE) | CCIE Written: In Progress
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/charlesbrumley

Comments

• Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    You're really ripping through your 2013 goals!
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @mistabrumley89 - I echo instant000 here, you are really tearing through that schedule! I can just imagine what 2014 will look like for you - you are the next Iristheangel around here - good luck!
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    Thanks, I couldn't do it without all the insight and help I have received on TE. I know my stuff (for the most part), I was just too lazy to actually take the time to study for my certifications. I got lucky enough to work as a Network Management Technician having access to 700+ switch/router network. It was a fun duty station and I learned alot. Now I am sitting and rotting away at a help desk... a help desk that has uber restricted admin rights. Like... I have sys admin rights to about 1/4 of the systems for my unit (2000 personnel), but we re-image machines for the entire unit and I have to take the machines to someone else after I pull the image because I only have admin rights for certain OU's.... irritates me so much. YEAH! lol. But as long as you put in the effort, then anyone can succeed (Coming from someone whose spouse is also in the military and we just had a child in July). You would be amazed at what you can do if you really really put your mind to things.
  • Options
    Ohh and on another note, I was studying CBT's for a few hours on CCNA: Security and a good portion of it is just some of the baseline things we put into our configs. Hopefully I will only need to study for a couple of weeks for my CCNA Sec. I'll move onto voice next. I'll probably spend a considerable amount of time longer on that subject. We had a CME running 200 phones max at my last station and we upgraded to CUCM a few months before we left. Voice still confuses the crap out of me.