Options

Question on Exchange mail box (sending duplicate emails to other boxes)

--chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
I setup a user mailbox in exchange 2010 for a member of our organization that works at home. He asked me if there is a way to setup the account so that all inbound emails & outbound emails are sent to another mailbox (that is not on the exchange server) as well as that user mailbox.

The situation is this: He has a user that handles all the meeting/call scheduling, that user is who the mailbox belongs too. He basically wants all inbound and outbound messages to be CC'd to his mailbox automatically so he can have an advanced notice of upcoming meetings in case the user with the mailbox forgets to tell him about it.

How can I get this done? Sorry about the convoluted story, I am not sure how to explain it any better.

Comments

• Options
    tier~tier~ Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The easiest way to accomplish this would be with a new transport rule. In the management console, expand Organization Configuration, select Hub Transport and then choose the Transport Rule tab. From within there you can create a new transport rule much the same way you would within a user's Outlook client.

In your case it sounds like you'd want to set it up to be both From People and Sent To People choosing the user whose mail you want copied and then use Blind carbon copy (Bcc) the message to addresses as the action to send all emails to the person working from home.

Sounds like an auditing and HR nightmare from a privacy standpoint but that's another story entirely.
    Let's Connect!
    LinkedIn, Twitter, Blog
  • Options
    That was surprisingly easy. Thanks for your help, learning stuff everyday now :)
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You might want to have that change approved by someone higher than you to make sure that such a move is compliant with your company's internal policies. Most of the companies I have worked for would not approve someone working from an external mail account for internal company business.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    Do I have this setup properly? The user said they are not getting the Bcc's:

It looks right to me from what I have googled.

The rule is "enabled" as well.
  • Options
    blargoe wrote: »
    You might want to have that change approved by someone higher than you to make sure that such a move is compliant with your company's internal policies. Most of the companies I have worked for would not approve someone working from an external mail account for internal company business.

I wish we had more structure here, but we don't. Thank you for the heads up, I can see how that would land most interns in hot water but this was under direct supervision of a few higher ups. They came up with the idea.