Options

Format of exam

watermelonsswatermelonss Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone,

I have a few questions, I couldn't understand on the official Comptia site. There are two parts of the exam 801, and 802. So I'm able to take them separately ( one this week, the next, next week?). Also, how many can I miss on each but still pass? And also, where can I find exam practice questions, test, unofficial or old exam questions? (I have seen the one techexams offers). Anywhere else?

Thanks if you are able to answer. I hope to finish this exam by end of October.

Comments

• Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You could take the second half on the same day as the first if you wanted to.

But yes, you could take them on different days if you wanted.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    So after I take the first one, and I fail... that's the end right. and I also lose the $183 cost?
  • Options
    unfbilly11unfbilly11 Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you take the first one and fail, you do lose the $183 cost but you are free to retake it whenever you'd like. Also, the exams do not have to be taken in order. You can take 802 and then 801. I'd recommend doing whichever you feel more comfortable with first. 801 is largely hardware based and 802 is more about troubleshooting. Me personally, I found 802 much easier. That's not to say the 801 was that difficult, but I had more experience troubleshooting than I did with hardware. There are plenty of practice questions to be found online simply using Google. Also, I read the ExamCram book for 801/802. Good luck to you!!!
  • Options
    ^billy, wow, i didn't know that I could just retake it again if I fail. I thought that I would have to pay 183 again. So technically, one voucher will be enough to take the exam multiple times until I pass?
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You do have to pay again if you fail.

What he means by "free to" is that if you fail, you can just pay and register again whenever you want to without having to go through any real process, lengthy delay, or real penalty (outside of paying again). You just re-register and pay again for another attempt on any day of your choosing.

Here's the retake policy from CompTIA...don't see anything confusing about it.

http://certification.comptia.org/Training/testingcenters/policies/retake.aspx

Note that it says: d. Candidates must pay the exam price each time they attempt the exam. CompTIA does not offer any free re-tests or discounts on retakes.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can use trancender to test your knowledge for the exam: Transcender CompTIA A+ Certification Training | Practice Exams | Online Training and just keep to track of your studying process i advice you to get a copy of the Exam Objectives page. All the best of luck!!!!