Options

Hardware Desktop Laptop Troubleshooting skills

p1xelsp1xels Member Posts: 114 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,
Do I require good knowledge of Hardware Network Troubleshooting skills after passing CCNA for getting an initial job?
I see most people in India telling me that I need to be sound in Hardware and Network Troubleshooting. Then what is the use of passing CCNA and then again you have to do an A+, N+ and Microsoft Server course?
Also it is very tough for an aged person like me who wants to quickly get a job.

Best Regards

Comments

• Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Basic troubleshooting of end user workstations/nodes is a foundation that is key.

CCNA deals with networking, routing, and switching. Outside of verifying physical connections, NIC statuses, and workstation IP settings, you still need a basic understanding and ability to troubleshoot and fix a user's workstation. Some might assume that by having a CCNA, you should already be familiar with such tasks and abilities.

You should aim to be well versed in multiple avenues. Having a CCNA is great, but if you can't configure or troubleshoot a workstation, you might come across as a paper lion.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Im not sure I get what you mean.
    Do you mean basic desktop hardware or specific Cisco hardware?
    If you mean desktop hardware then yes, you should already have that knowledge at least on a basic level. You should know all the major components of a PC/desktop/laptop and be able to troubleshoot them.

I wouldn't say that you need to have an A+/MS Cert/ or Net+ along with your CCNA. It would likely be assumed that you have A+ knowledge. But having those extra certs will definitely help and make you more well rounded with a solid foundation.
  • Options
    Hi Is it possible at this late age of 37?
  • Options
    Anything is possible if you study and apply yourself. 37 is not that old.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    Except that I am still single!And I have no girlfriends lol
  • Options
    In that case you should be able to focus more on studying, hah!
  • Options
    WilyOneWilyOne Member Posts: 131
    jvrlopez wrote: »
    in that case you should be able to focus more on studying, hah!
    qft! :)