Options

Guest/Public WiFi Management

SouthSeaPirateSouthSeaPirate Member Posts: 173
Well, it's now come to this. Employees are abusing the free WiFi so much that Vendors nor guests can properly use it.

For those out there who have been through this, how did you remedy?

Im looking for bandwidth limits, filtering, and a splash screen which requires all users to see to connect.

Appologies if I make this sound confusing; I have never dealt with this before.

Appreciate any help

Comments

• Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    First of all, you should have an Internal WLAN for employees to connect to and a Guest WLAN for guest/vendors.

Secondly, you should have some sort of authentication method for people accessing either WLAN.

You can do Certificate based authentication (Using Radius), or credential based (Using AD and Radius).

What is your current setup? What are you running?
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    SouthSeaPirateSouthSeaPirate Member Posts: 173
    Running a consumer class DSL line to access points. All we have server wise is a DHCP server so would could change the lease times.

I do not want to do authentication.
  • Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What type of business are you? Do you require PCI or ISO audits?
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration