Options

NAT problem pls help!!

hshah12hshah12 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Just have a quick question. To set up NAT will i require a "registered" global IP address? Like i have been trying to setup NAT on my 2503 router--well i do set it up but it wont work in that i cant ping the " global ip adress" from my another router or from another Pc which are both connected to this 2503 router.

what iam doing is on 2503 iam giving the the local ip as 192.168.1.1(the ip of the pc the router is connected to) and global ip as 203.x.x.x. the ip nat transalation/stat commands shows the configurion to be saved.

when i ping the local ip from another pc or router its working(like the way it works when i dont have any NAT at all) but global ip doesnt. it say "dest not reachable". i have configured both ips as inside ips, as in inside local and inside global, isn't that correct? and also when do we use outside local and outside global, under what circumstances?

what am I missing here? can someone help pls?

Comments

• Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The outside should be the public address (I assume the 203.X one) and the inside should be your private subnet.
  • Options
    hshah12hshah12 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for your reply. thas what i have been doing....

ok, after i setup static route b/w 2503 and 2513 and get both the routers and pcs that connected to them ping each other...this is what i put in one of the router which is connected to a pc with ip addres 192.168.1.1

ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.1 230.200.200.1
    interface ethernet 0
    ip nat inside
    exit
    interface serial 0
    ip nat outside
    exit

also tried this

ip nat inside source list 1 pool nat-pool
    access-list 1 permit 192.168.1.1 0.0.0.0
    ip nat pool nat-pool 203.200.200.1 203.200.200.1 netmask 255.255.255.0
    interface ethernet 0
    ip nat inside
    exit
    interface serial 0
    ip nat outside
    exit

both of the time same result--cant ping global ip.