Performance Based Questions

nslookupnslookup Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Will the test allow you to use /? for help on the command line functions or say it is not available? Thanks.

Comments

• SWtacomaSWtacoma Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    From what I experianced options are very limited when it comes to functionality. I would recommend just memorizing common commands and their fucntions rather then hoping for the /? command. The best thing to do is just try them out a couple times. Run ping, tracert, diskpart, sfc and also know basic directory commands (cd, dir etc...). Syntax will be most peoples biggest downfall so keep that in mind. Beyond A+ I have found CLI to be extremely important when it comes to troubleshooting issues especially when the GUI has not been reachable.
  • nslookupnslookup Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Agreed. Thanks for responding.
  • 403Forbidden403Forbidden Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Any command in the exam objectives you should be very well versed with, know when where why and how to use a command along with the proper syntax. The difference between ping -t google.com and ping google.com -t could mean a pass or fail. Even go over some of the commands that are similar to but not exactly listed on the objectives as well as command line versions of proper UI utilities such as disk management and network and sharing center.
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Having just took the 801 and knowing how the exam is setup I would doubt they would allow /? or -? to be used to find your way through the question. They are asking for specific stuff.
  • BetrayalBetrayal Member Posts: 108
    If you think about it, everything related to the command line in the A+ is just the basics so it's better to just memorize it.
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It really is useful stuff. My job (all 7 weeks I have been here) has taught me 3/4's of all the CLI stuff that is on the 802...its really used frequently. net use/net stop, nbstat, etc....know it!
  • TerrieTerrie Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Having just today taken (and passed!) both my 801 and 802, I can say that the general format is that anything that's not needed for the simulation is not there. In my experience, this is standard for any computer-based simulation exam. They go "How do we want this answered?" and then given you only what you need to perform the task in the way they want.