Options

C-Level pressure due to useless Vendor support

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
<rant>
I simply don't know what to do any more. As some may have read, I have some nice issues at the moment and at this point rely on Technical Support from our vendors. These things just piling up and in addition to that now I am receiving the pressure from our management level.

How do you deal with this, being right in a middle of a finger-pointing war ?

Vendor A blames Vendor B, Vendor B blames Vendor A, Vendor C now takes more than 2 months to replace parts and the list goes on, and I am in the middle of it, taking the heat from all involved.

Do you stop caring ? Do you just explode in style ? Do you run out and cry yourself to sleep :) ?

I guess I am just after ideas how to deal with the whole lot. This must be the first time the pressure seems to get to me where I actually start hating getting up in the morning.

There are obviously two things which needs to happen

1. Vendor need to get their act together
- That doesn't seem to happen any time soon, not even after escalations. I am busy most days in answering emails which clearly are stupid and support staff (senior / escalated too) clutching at straws.

2. Management needs to calm down
- They don't care why stuff doesn't get done, they just want to get it done.

I tried to talk to #1 and #2 to no avail.

So right now my main focus changed from trying to make a difference to going from paycheck to paycheck.

</rant>
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• Options
    atorvenatorven Member Posts: 319
    Make sure you cover yourself, I would document all the work that has been done and all the communication that has been sent, I would also start to copy in management on all outgoing communication related to this issue.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Document all these vendor issues and submit it to your management. Make sure they see you are staying on top of it but it is vendor issues not your wrong doing. Then get your management on a call with the vendors and make them explain. Basically CYA and pass the buck.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It's all documented anyway ... Problem is the lack of technical understanding of either C-Level / Owner or any management really. Maybe time to move on ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p