Options

ROI for 70-686

stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
I spent a few weeks last year getting trained up for the 70-680 and 70-685 exams. Due to the usual busyness that life can oftentimes bring, I haven't yet sat for them. My intention is to do so before the end of the year. That way, I can check off one more thing from my Honey-Do list. While looking for resources, I stumbled upon the 70-686 exam prep books. I realize that 686 is more of a design and deployment cert, but it did make me curious. Since my curiousity is getting the better of me, let me ask the following questions:

1. After sitting for the 680 and 685 exams, what will sitting for the 686 exam do for me, professionally?
2. Does it make sense to take both the 685 and 686 exams?
3. What is the 686 value add? Is there a good ROI for a desk side support technician?

I know that a lot of this depends on what I want to do in the future. Frankly, I am just looking to have a reasonably broad base of knowledge (and the certs to back that up with) before diving more deeply into the network security domain. While I currently work in a NOC, I have been approached numerous times by a local government agency that wants me to move over to the desk side support role. So getting Windows 7 certified makes sense if I were to do so. Ultimately, it is all about marketability and keeping doors/windows open for future movement. Thoughts?

Cheers
The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me