Options

**Real Big Problem**

JubiJubi Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ok i start my PC and when i log in the Desktop doesnt it show up at all, im guessing this has something to do with the registry. If this is true can someone help me, like where to find the command prompt and what command line should i use to fix this problem icon_sad.gif.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    What is your operating system? If it's 2000/XP, the first thing you should try is starting by using the Last Known Good Configuration. If that doesn't work, try starting in Safe Mode and revert to a previous Restore Point.

icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/technotes/xp/backup_restore_repair.shtml
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    Another you can rety, after expolring the LKGC, is when it loads and sits there after you logon, give it the three finger salute, select new task, type explorer.exe and hit enter. Curiuos to see if you can jump start it.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    JubiJubi Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, but a little after i posted this, i fixed the problem lol. What i did was Go to new task and typed MSCONFIG, then i booted in safemode, then i finally got the software of Windows registry fix to work. So now everything is working.