First time being apart of an application dev team ~ 7 months

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
I must say for me it's a lot more fun but a lot more tedious as well. Testing newly develop product (software) can be very rigorous. In infrastructure I have never quite seen the amount of iterations of testing. I really enjoy how closely knit the database team and app dev team are integrated. I know this is a silly statement but until you actually work in the environment you really don't see it face to face. Respect your networking administrators. Most of our application developers and DBA can fix Microsoft system issues, but when it comes to networking it's the 2,000 lb elephant in the room. The troubleshooting and brainstorming for latency issues etc is hiliarous. I A good network admin / engineer is worth his/her wait in gold. Systems don't seem to be as taboo and are easily fixed by people who aren't in those roles, including myself. EG DBA and Dev mentioned before are comfortable restarting service and setting up authentication etc. This also includes building enterprise ETL processes and other intergration processes. Either way just a rant and wanted to post back about my current position I haven't done that in a while.

Comments

• ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    It's cool to hear from someone on the inside. I hope to be there before too long. What specifically are you doing?
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Rat I am providing software testing, UAT and backend database testing. Building test plans within a team. Analysis of any anomalies that surface within the system. Developing proof of concept reports via Excel and Access before we decide whether to go forward with them in SSRS or into a web interface dashboard. I do a lot more but that is what I do mainly as of now. However if they get a ton of dirty data I will hop in and start to format it so we can ETL if required. Whatever it takes to deliver. Last week I was modeling incomplete data against an audit source to break down the data even further.