Options

Secret enabled, how to get around it?

davnet3000davnet3000 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi everone, i have a router 2501model, and it has a secret enabled and i can't get through, i am using a phsical connection but no chance. Can you please help me out? Thank you in advance. :)

Best regards.

Comments

• Options
    SVSV Member Posts: 166
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When booting the router perform a break using the CTL+Break keys.This should get you to rommon> i.e. boot mode

rommon>o
    rommon>o/r 0x2142
    rommon>I
    the router should reset,answer no to startup mode and your should be good to go with an empty config i.e. no passwords.
    the in Router(config)#config-register 0x2102
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    davnet3000davnet3000 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I very much appreciate your collaboration guys, you are awesome.
    I had two routers to sort out and thanks to you i finally achieved my goals, thanks again. I will never forget how to do this again now... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Best regards.
  • Options
    Bearded SteveBearded Steve Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I remember an old CCNA instructor on the topic of password recovery on cisco routers.

He said it was complicated and not something you would want to have to attempt.

LOL at that statement. It's one of the easiest things you can do on a cisco router.
    Data, Segments, Packets, Frames, Bits
  • Options
    evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yea. It is so much easier than you think and there are guides everywhere. Must be a common problem for all us Cisco guys. :)
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan