Passed the security+

j1mggj1mgg Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
I took this exam yesterday and passed, although thought I had failed due to the wording of the questions.

dont know if others have felt this but I thought the questions I got yesterday were poorly worded and didn't always make it clear what they were really asking.

one example was about outsource security logs but needing to review them and what would we use. Paas IAAs saas maas

i ruled out Maas as I haven't read about it, but I didn't think it really fitted into any of the other answers.

performance based questions were time once I saw then and are really just drag and drop type questions.

i used Darrils gagc security+ book which I though was great and read through this taking notes! watched a bit of promessrs videos while on holiday, last week I bought the remember this audio files to accompany the book and also the Comptia security + android app. I have to say this gave me a really setup and got the core basics imprinted into my head and felt confident going into the exam.

hopefully this will give someone an insight how I done it, from start to finish it took about 10 weeks, although I was in Vietnam for 2 of them.

thanks for all the help, and I have already started the sscp, overhauling my cv, and bought cod ghosts as a treat

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Excellent job! Congratulations.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! I passed it on Saturday. My first 6 questions were all simulations. I know everyone said there were sims, but after 5 of them I started thinking maybe I was going to get 75 sims, haha.

As for the wording, some of the questions were odd for sure. As others here have said, know your ports! Also, I know it sounds silly to have to point it out but read the questions very closely. There were a few that I was about to answer very quickly then I looked again and realized the question was something else entirely. Since the sims were all in the beginning they took the most time then I felt like I was rushing through a lot of the rest of the test.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • samurai86samurai86 Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    j1mgg wrote: »

dont know if others have felt this but I thought the questions I got yesterday were poorly worded and didn't always make it clear what they were really asking.

Congrats and welcome to security certifications!
    Bachelor's of Applied Science in Technology Management - Information Security Assurance (St. Petersburg College)
    Masters of Science in Digital Forensics (University of Central Florida)
  • LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Kindly doing the needful
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • CoolAsAFanCoolAsAFan Member Posts: 239
    Congratulations! I take my attempt this Saturday, thanks for your tips!
    IvyTech - AS CINS (Completed: May, 2013)
    WGU Indiana - BS IT Security
    (Started: August 1st, 2013)

Transferred: AGC1 CDP1 BVC1 CLC1 CVV1 DHV1 DJV1 GAC1 CIC1 CDC1 UBT1 IWC1 IWT1 TCP1 TJP1 TJC1 EBV1 WFV1 EUP1 EUC1 CJC1 UBC1 TBP1
    Completed: CUV1 BOV1 DRV1 DSV1 CTV1 CJV1 COV1 CQV1 CNV1 TPV1 MGC1 TXC1 TXP1 BNC1 TYP1 TYC1
    Required:
    SBT1 RGT1 RIT1
  • j1mggj1mgg Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies.