A+ Certified!

--chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
My study materials are for sale in the "off topic" section of the forums here. Im happy to see them go, I am so tired of studying that stuff!

I felt like the 802 was much easier than the 801 for one simple reason: Context. The questions were wordy and longer than the 801, which by default added much more context into the questions and removed the ambiguity that can result in an incorrect answer. I scored higher on the 802 (78icon_cool.gif than the 801 (74icon_cool.gif yet have much less "hands on experience" in troubleshooting which should have made the 802 more difficult.

I thought I would also mention that I spent about 5 months studying for this. I was not a complete idiot with a computer when I started, but I would need to google symptoms if a PC had problems. I think 2 months of real focused study (~10 hours a week) would have been sufficient with a week or two of home labbing (10 hours total).

Comments

• ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    Hey, congrats. I took 801/802 yesterday, and definitely agree on the 802 being easier.
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Good stuff, man. Keep the momentum rolling. A+ is a starting point, not the destinations, so what's next?
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, I remember when I first passed the A+ ;)

But yea, I felt the same way. Now whats your next move/cert?
    Kindly doing the needful
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I am taking a net+ preparatory class this semester in my college classes as well as a database class, so I will be keeping the cert work low key until around Jan 1. Once I get near finishing the Net+ class I will start towards CCNA.

Next semester will probably be some non-tech classes (I need a physics class and a cultural class might as well do them while I work at the CCNA).
  • BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Good Luck with CCNA.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • tier~tier~ Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    Let's Connect!
    LinkedIn, Twitter, Blog
  • tyadtyad Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My study materials are for sale in the "off topic" section of the forums here. Im happy to see them go, I am so tired of studying that stuff!

What is the name and author of the study materials you have for sale and how much are they going for???
  • mr.memr.me Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats!
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif